Prescription, Over-the Counter, and Alternative Headache Treatments
Overview of Treatment Options
Have you ever stood in the pharmacy, confused by all of the "pain relievers" available? Do you feel like your health care practitioner has too many options to consider? Understanding all that is available is a daunting task, but you can read more here to start learning about treatments one at a time.
- An Overview of Headache Treatments
- Prescription Headache Treatments
- Over-the-Counter Headache Treatments
- Triptans: The Migraine "Miracle" Drugs
- Depakote for Migraine Prevention
- Using Beta Blockers to Prevent Headaches
- Acetaminophen for Headache Relief
- Treating Headaches with Ibuprofen
Alternative Treatment Choices
Not all headache treatments need to be medications, prescription or over-the-counter. In fact, a number of treatment approaches are considered natural or alternative. Because as many ineffective alternative treatments are available as effective ones, it makes sense to read more about your options.
- Relaxation to Reduce Stress
- An Osteopathic Medical Approach to Headaches
- Treating Migraines with Botox
Treatment in Special Cases
There are times with the typical or normal headache treatments aren't safe or effective. If you fall into one of these categories, you will want to know which treatments are available and preferable for treating your headaches.